The field of construction uses a lot of terms that may not be familiar to the layperson. One of these refers to an important aspect of many building construction or road projects: heavy rigging. Rigging is simply the moving of oversized or overweight items from one location to another. If you are in need of a Phoenix rigging company, do not hesitate to contact Southwest Industrial Rigging to speak with a customer service representative who can answer all of your questions and help you through each step of the rigging process.
Safety Tips for Rigging
When you are looking for a rigging service to help you move large items that require the use of a crane service, it is important that the company and operators have the following qualifications:
- Certified crane operators: Make sure the operator or company is certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO)
- Knowledge: Ensure the operator knows how to weigh and determine the center of gravity for the objects being moved and lifted
- Observation: The operator should be keenly aware of the sling and be able inspect it for wear and tear that could cause damage or injury
- Following protocol: Make sure the operator understands how to check the clips, fittings, and other equipment to ensure the proper strength
- Weather conditions: The operator should understand when to stop the rigging project due to inclement weather
Start Planning Today
If you know you are going to need a Phoenix rigging company to help you complete a housing or construction project, do not hesitate to schedule a consultation or appointment with Southwest Industrial Rigging today. The sooner you can begin planning, the safer and more efficient your rigging project will be. Call 602.278.6281 for information about the heavy rigging services available at Southwest Industrial Rigging, or fill out our simple online contact form.